Scrip Coordinator: Marcia Hora
We now have a means for all the groups to be SELF-SUPPORTING. It’s called SCRIP. No longer will we have to rely totally on donations. This IS our answer to funding our groups. As we continue to fight back in restoring liberty, we know it takes money. The left has a huge advantage with establishing NGOs to grab government grants and funding to indoctrinate, propagandize, and advance their message/agenda. Each one of our grassroots groups has taken on issues and are educating the public. We can do so much more now that we have established a regular source of funding for these projects.
So let’s take a look at how Scrip works:
Major Retailers Want To Give Our Organization and Yours Money!
It’s called “SCRIP”, and it’s the fundraising program that works while you shop.
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” – in other words, Scrip is gift certificates from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our Scrip program including Hy-Vee, Fareway, Casey’s, Kum & Go, Walmart, Target, Kohl’s, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Arby’s, Applebees and hundreds of others.
You’re probably asking yourself how these stores help us raise money. It’s simple — Scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to our organization at a discount. Member families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, they redeem them for full face value, and our organizations keep the difference as revenue. And Scrip is exciting, because everybody wins:
- The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business…
- You get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves no selling… For instance, you pay $25 for a $25 Casey’s gift card for gas. Just like you bought it in a store.
- Your Group and Iowa Grassroots Coalition gets a regular source of revenue.
The beauty of Scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for your organization without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with Scrip at the stores that participate in the Scrip program! And Scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out.
Look over the literature and Scrip Order Form for more information and a list of retailers. Go to the Scrip website to learn more about how this program works: www.shopwithscrip.com
The Iowa Grassroots Coalition Scrip Program has proven to be a simple and effective fundraising program.
So how do you get started?
- Fill out the Customer Order Form
- It has a list of commonly ordered Scrip cards with the percentage (%) that our organization receives. (We split it 50/50 between your group & iagrc.)
- Can’t find the card name you want to order? Then simply fill in the store/brand name and amount in the appropriate area for adding cards not listed. (If we don’t carry it, we’ll let you know. But we can get just about any card you desire.)
- Don’t forget to *fill in the blank of your name, address, etc. at the bottom of the form.
Orders & checks must be received by Sunday.
So here’s how each week’s ordering goes:
- Mon-Thurs: You fill out your order. Mail it, or Call it in to Marcia, or Email it to Marcia.
Send her a check made out to: Iowa Grassroots Coalition (Needs to be received by Sunday)
- Marcia places our order to Scrip each Monday.
- Delivery to Marcia is on Wed/Thurs. Then mailed out to you.
- In other words, turn-around time is a week or less, from order to delivery. (If we have what you need in our inventory, we mail it out immediately upon receiving your order.)
- If you have questions, just give Marcia a call. She’s happy to explain the details
Ok, now it’s UP TO YOU! Place your order.
Let’s see how many individuals will join us on this next order. We all HAVE to buy gas and groceries, at the very least. Individual orders are accepted, so be the first in your group to get it started. Let’s make this happen!
If you have questions contact:
IaGRC Scrip Coordinator